Saturday, October 29, 2011

last weekend in Shanghai, visit to Qibao

 Link to photo album

The time really has flown by over here...can't believe that my last weekend in China is already here.   My coworker Nancy recommended I go take a look at Qibao, an old water-town about ten miles from the office.  A quick subway ride and I was on the outskirts of Shanghai trying to figure out where exactly were these canals.  Eventually I followed the crowds and found my way into the Qibao 'old street' area....wow...talk about sensory overload.  The crowds and sights were one thing, but the smells were something else.  Imagine equal parts of fruit, meat, sugar, and sesame oil all cooking in a pan with a teaspoon of garbage put on top....the competing smells of the various food vendors, trash, and canals was overwhelming. Pretty crazy place to walk through though...Seattle is gonna feel like wilderness after spending time here.


No comments:

Post a Comment